When purchasing a golf club, remember that “one size fits all” does not really work, especially when choosing for men. There are factors that you have to take into consideration to make sure that you are picking the best golf clubs that would be suitable with your needs and your experience with the sport. If you are a beginner and you do not know the difference when choosing a golf club, then this article is definitely for you!
Pick The Best Golf Club For You
One of the most common mistake when buying a golf club is choosing those that do not suit your playing level or your swing mechanics. If you are still not sure what golf clubs should you have in your bag, always consider your personal skill level as well as your experience. Take a look at the standard requirements that you should look at when choosing a golf club for men.
- The Length. This is usually determined by the height of the player. The shaft of the club is also taken into consideration. An experts’ advice when contemplating the length is that men will have a different recommended length than women. Here’s how to choose the length.
- Men who are shorter than 5’5” should choose a club ½” shorter than the standard length.
- If you are 5’5” to 6’1” tall, choose a golf club that has a standard length.
- When your height is over 6’1”, pick a golf club that has an over length.
- The Loft. This is the angle of the club face and it controls the trajectory as well as the distance. When picking for a beginner, make sure that you are choosing a club with a higher face loft. But when buying for an experienced golfer, they now prefer to use higher-lofted drivers because it gives less spin while still having a higher trajectory that can maximize the distance. This works both for men and women.
- The Head. Your swing speed will always determine the ideal head weight of your club. If say you have a faster swing, then you should consider buying a golf club with a heavier head for better control. But if you have slower swings, choose lighter heads to increase the head velocity of your club. According to an expert, a shallow-faced club is the best choice for beginners because its center of gravity is lower. This means that you will be able to launch it higher and it can improve your performance.
Playing Tip From An Expert
When it comes to playing golf, men would usually need consistency than distance. It is recommended for you to use a fairway 3 wood that has a 17-degree loft because of its versatility. You can use this club both for teeing and also off the fairway. Aside from that, men also do not need a driver at first because these are the most difficult to hit. If you have a stronger loft, it would give you more sidespin. You can then use a 21-degree hybrid which can be followed by a 25 degree, then a 30 degree. You should also consider having a 7 and 9 pitch sand iron on your golf bag.